Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday Night!!

This was my Friday night: going out to dinner at BJ's with my parents.
Let me start by saying I love my parents dearly and am extremely grateful for what they do.  Nothing will ever change that and I truly believe myself to be lucky to have them as parents.  I've always said I would be dead in a ditch without them.  That being said, I felt like I was having dinner with geriatrics.
To start, we have to rush over there as soon as my dad gets home at 5 because my mother is starving and can't function.  She's been hungry since 3; it's not pretty.  They have a coupon.  I have to yell everything so that they can hear.  They're talking about what they've had when they've been before and what they like and don't like. 
It's really nothing that offensive; they didn't take they're dentures out and put them in the same glass or bring their own drinks like the couple sitting at the table behind us.  It's really just more of my balking at living with my parents.  It also didn't help that a friend asked me what my plans were for tonight...well after we had gotten home from dinner.
I would rather be at Wined up Fridays at Green Valley Ranch in the desert where it's adequately warm. (I've had to wear a sweatshirt in the morning and at night...it's not my fault I got acclimated to 115 degrees)  Or at South Point for Midnight Bowling; pretty much anything else would do other than dealing drugs.  But that was my Friday night, just thought you'd like to know.  All the more motivation (not that I needed it) to get out of the house! =)
Have a nice long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment